top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Who are you?
CrossFire Christian College is a ministry school chartered in 2016 in the State of Missouri by a
non-profit Board of Regents. The school uniquely operates with a private mentoring system
rather than using the classroom approach. The school’s motto is: “Personal Mentoring . . . Practical Training.”

2. Is the school accredited?
The college was accredited by AICCS (Association of Independent Christian Colleges and Seminaries) in August, 2018. AICCS, with over 450 schools in 54 nations, is not recognized by the U. S. Department of Education. (See

3. What courses of study are offered?
CrossFire offers associate, bachelor, master, and doctoral degrees in Biblical Studies, Christian Counseling, and Biblical Counseling. The school is a CAI (Certified Academic Institution) of National Christian Counselors Association, through which graduates may obtain licensure and board certification as Licensed Pastoral Counselors.

3. What degrees are offered?


ABS: Associate of Biblical Studies (60 undergraduate credit hours)
BBD: Bachelor of Biblical Studies (120 undergraduate credit hours)
MBS: Master of Biblical Studies (30 graduate credit hours)
ThM: Master of Theology (MBS + 30 = 60 graduate credit hours)
MDiv: Master of Divinity (ThD + 30 = 90 graduate credit hours)
DMin: Doctor of Ministry (MDiv. + 30 = 120 graduate credit hours)
ThD: Doctor of Theology (DMin + 30 = 150 graduate credit hours)


ACC: Associate of Christian Counseling (60 undergraduate credit hours)
BCC: Bachelor of Christian Counseling (121 undergraduate credit hours)
MCC: Master of Christian Counseling (45 graduate credit hours)
CPsyM: Master of Christian Psychology (MCC + 30 = 75 graduate credit hours)
DCC: Doctor of Christian Counseling (CPsyM + 30 = 105 graduate credit hours)
CPsyD: Doctor of Christian Psychology (DCC + 45 = 150 graduate credit hours)


ABC: Associate of Biblical Counseling (60 undergraduate credit hours)
BBC: Bachelor of biblical Counseling (120 undergraduate credit hours)
MBC: Master of Biblical Counseling (42 graduate credit hours)
DBC: Doctor of Biblical Counseling (MBC + 48 = 90 graduate credit hours

4. Who are the instructors at the college?
Dr. Curt Scarborough serves as President and Dean of the College of Biblical Studies, assisted by Tracie Hoy, ThM (cand.), Associate Dean.

5. Does the school offer local classes on campus?
Some classes are available throughout the academic year in the St. Charles, Missouri area, but most of the classes are conducted as “distance learning” education. However, each student is personally mentored by a qualified instructor who assists the student with learning activities and examination preparation.

6. Do students at CrossFire qualify for government loans or grants?
No. Most federal and state educational benefits are offered only to students who attend colleges which have accreditation recognized by the U. S. Department of Education. To maintain its freedom in choosing curricula and employing staff and faculty, CrossFire has
chosen not to seek such government-based certification.

7. Does the school offer scholarships?
Yes. CrossFire has in place a very generous system of scholarships and discounts for applying students. Further, our tuition rates are among the lowest in the nation ($50 per credit hour for undergraduates, $75 per credit hour for master’s-level, and $100 per credit hour for doctoral students).

8. Do the tuition rates include textbooks?
No. The textbooks are priced separately, costing from $50 to $100 per course.

9. Why are your prices so cheap?
CrossFire’s rates may be inexpensive but our programs are not cheap! We are able to offer high quality education, while keeping the costs to the students down, by these means: Our original launch costs were underwritten by a local anonymous donor. We use office and classroom space owned by other Christian ministries . . . free of charge. We also have access to equipment and supplies through the generosity of ministry colleagues. Our teachers either donate their time or they are paid only their bare expenses. The curriculum books we use are made available to students at our cost. So essentially, our rates are low because our overhead expenses are minimal and our payroll is virtually non-existent.

10.Does a student pay tuition and other fees up front?
Generally, a student is required to pay a non-refundable enrollment fee ($50), then upon acceptance, pays an initial down-payment of approximately 25% of the total cost of the degree (including tuition, fees, and textbooks). The student signs an interest-free agreement to “pay-as-you-go” to coincide with the length of the degree program. This allows the final payment to be due and payable at the same time the student graduates. Thus, no student graduates from CrossFire with a huge student-debt hanging over his head!

11. When can a student start?
A student may start working on a degree program immediately upon enrolling . . . progressing at his/her own pace, and graduating when all coursework is successfully completed and all fees are paid.

12. Does the school conduct a graduation service to present diplomas to students?
Because the school does not operate on a semester or term basis, each student receives his/her diploma immediately upon the completion of the degree program. However, the school does plan to conduct a graduation ceremony beginning in Academic Year 2020.

13. Does the school assist graduates to secure employment?
CrossFire does not offer a placement service for graduating students. However, individual faculty members often do assist graduates with personal recommendations and ministerial endorsements, upon request.

14. Is CrossFire affiliated with a particular denomination or church?
No. We are classified generally as independent evangelical Christians. Our official Statement of Faith is that of the National Association of Evangelicals (see website). Our students come from varied church backgrounds: independent, evangelical, charismatic, fundamental, mainline, non-denominational, etc.

15. Can I talk with someone about CrossFire?
Sure thing! Call 636-922-1810 and ask for “Dr. Curt.” (Most of the students call him by that short form of his name, or merely “DC”.)

bottom of page